Why lie to Fly?

Hi...

Couple of days back, I had a bad experience on Flying in Jet Airways (Bangalore to Delhi)... It reminded me about another incident that happened to me about a year earlier with another Airlines - Kingfisher.

I had reached the Jet Airways counter at Bangalore Airport, and asked the customer service lady there to give me a window seat, as I wanted to take a quick nap during the flight. The lady mentioned that I was kind of late and there were no Window seats available and the only option was middle seats... Well, I cursed my luck and took the middle seat...

Once I boarded the flight, and saw there was a vacant window seat available next to me, I wondered how is it possible that the lady at the counter mentioned that there were no window seats available... when there was one next to me...(of all the rows in the plane:)

The other incident was with Kingfisher... I needed to reach Bangalore urgently. I went to the Hyderabad Airport, and asked at the Kingfisher counter, if there were tickets available to Bangalore... I also asked for Check fare.. and if I could get a discount on the fare... The cute lady at the counter mentioned that the flight was almost full and that there were only 3-4 vacant seats available... and hence she would not be able to give me a discount. I bought the ticket for full amount, and boarded the flight.

On boarding I found that more than 50% of the plane was empty!!

On both these incidents I would not be sad, if the people were truthful and told that they cannot give me what I had asked for. There was no need for them to LIE... I mean, I will be on the flight any case and can see for sure the reasons they have mentioned is true or not...

I regret, that the people who work for service industry need to be above all truthful... and unfortunately, the airlines do not teach/train them on that.

Sorry Kingfisher / Jet Airways... why Lie.... to make me Fly?

Santosh

Comments

Balanarayan NT said…
Hello Santosh
I am from Bangalore Mirror. I found your post on airlines frills quite interesting. I wanted to know if I could use it for blog talk section in our paper. Please do let me know. My email id is nt.balanarayan @ g m a i l .com

Popular posts from this blog

Best Indian websites - 2007

10 Reasons Marketing Strategy should include the Internet

Teach Marketing, Yoda Can